Counselor told me to not report suspension [to a college that asks about such matters on the application]

I got into a suspension for fighting in my freshman year, but I was clean for the rest of my time. I asked my counselor for her recommendation letter regarding this, but she told me that if she was in my position, she wouldn’t report it because not only does the school not send it over, but that the school doesn’t even keep disciplinary records. I asked her to be sure and she doubled down and said it wouldn’t be mentioned in the LOR because it was just a one-time incident. Is it good to listen to her?

Answer the question that is asked.

Are you referring to a college that specifically asks about such matters, or a college that does not?

specifically asking

In other words, it looks like you do not want to be dishonest when the question is specifically asked, but your counselor is recommending dishonesty.

im just so confused. It’s school policy to not report suspensions and to not keep suspensions on record.

There’s also some people who recommend listening to my counselor and others who saids don’t

If nothing else, you now have a sense of how honest or not the people in question are.

Closing temporarily for review