CR Problems?

<p>So, for line references, they say to do them in under 10-15 seconds. However, I seem to do them much longer (around 1 minute). Will this amount of time affect the rest of the section. Or should I stop fretting about it? </p>

<p>Also, some people recommend that I read the passage and answer the questions for marked sections of the passage when I approach them (to save time). But do I really have to do this because I feel it would interfere with my concentration. I usually just skim the passage (for the main point) then answer questions. </p>

<p>Basically, I have a problem with time. I know how to find the right answers (Devil's Advocate and whatnot), but when there's that one section with 2 medium-long passages and 2 short passages, I start to run out of time.</p>

<p>Any time saving approaches I could use for those sections and for CR in general?</p>

<p>Thank You</p>

<p>When you say line references, are you using Xiggi's method of reading the questions first? I tried that but gave up on it; I just couldn't get used to that method. I think the dirty little secret about CR is that there is no technique for everyone. I personally use the conventional method of reading the passage first and marking it up before tackling the questions in order. </p>

<p>So just use whichever technique works best for you; there is no universal way to score an 800.</p>

<p>Sort of; I go to the questions, find line references, and mark them.
It's usually the long passages that screw me up
Especially ones based on novels with really confusing language that cover up the meaning. Thanks though</p>