Hello I made this account last year when I was in community college, I have thought about a lot of careers and my threads. since last year I came out of college to work and really think about what I wanted to do with my life. I tried to go to the marines but I got dq because of a peanut allergy. this fall im going back to community college to transfer to a university. im taking steps to join the police academy nd I want to major in criminal justice and political science, or criminology and political science. my plan is to become an officer, then join swat, then after a few years of swat join the FBI as an agent, then try out for HRT (if not the FBI, the some other type of Fed work Homeland, Dss) but I really want to Be an HRT operator. most of the men in my family were some type of special forces and I really want to follow in their footsteps, and I want a career with a lot of action and excitement. I know joining the FBI is not easy and joining the HRT team is even harder but I know if I put my mind and body to it, I can reach my goals. I would like input and tips to reach my goals. advice on the majors I choose and what to expect. Please only reply if you have valuable information on, criminology, political science, the FBI, or my plan.
From what I’ve read, criminal justice/criminology is considered a “joke” major for those pursuing an FBI career. They seem to like majors like computer science and accounting, and law degrees. Political science is usually listed on their list of desired majors, but it might not make you stick out.