Crossfit?

<p>This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know of a group that meets regularly to work on the [url=<a href="http://crossfit.com/%5DCrossfit%5B/url"&gt;http://crossfit.com/]Crossfit[/url&lt;/a&gt;] fitness program?</p>

<p>I currently work out twice a week, mostly at home, but would be happy to participate far more regularly if in a group that goes out to the gym with a common program and encourages each other.</p>

<p>There are Crossfitters here, yes. I don't know any of their names or when they're generally at the gym, but they definitely exist.</p>

<p>That said, I'd recommend finding a more rationally-organized approach to training; as a couple of ~famous coaches commented about a month ago, Crossfit is essentially an extreme sport, and the people who are good at it are extreme athletes - which would be perfectly fine, except that most people (from both the "good at it" and the "want to look like the people who are good at it" groups) don't realize this, which results in people whose bodies aren't physically ready for those demands joining up and getting injured. The Crossfitters I've seen at the RSF are almost universally excellent examples of this; there's only one who has never brought up a particularly debilitating injury, and he was already a high-level triathlete before he ever heard of Crossfit.</p>

<p>Personally I'd say to just buy (or otherwise obtain) a copy of Jim Wendler's 5-3-1, read it, and follow the advice in the "Moving North of Vag" section. The 2nd edition even includes something tailored specifically to people looking for something more Crossfit-esque, if you're REALLY desperate for something more directly along those lines.</p>

<p>jonnosferatu, do you remember a long time ago I said that your name sounded familiar? Well I've finally remembered why it was so familiar. Are you the same jonnosferatu that used to post on the GameFAQs Martial Arts board before account suiciding?</p>

<p>Yeah...funnily enough, my training started going a whole lot better after I left. >.></p>

<p>(The suicide also wouldn't have been necessary if they hadn't made it basically impossible to just close your account and leave - I submitted the closure request after that stupid fiasco over the FAQ, then idly logged back in 6 months later and discovered that it was still there)</p>