Cs 10

<p>Can i take computer science 10 as p/np if plan to major in computer science? ALSO WHAT CLASSES SHOULD I TAKE IF I WANT TO LEARN C AND C++?</p>

<p>yes, you can take CS10 p/np since it's not required. Though that class is easy enough that you probably should'nt...</p>

<p>CS61c is in C... but there's no class at Berkeley that specifically teaches a language. They give you projects and expect you to do them in whatever language and you learn that language along the way...</p>

<p>Yes, you absolutely can! However, I don't know if it's necessary if you put the work into it. CS10 is an awesome class, and I recommend it to lots of people and I'm not even done with it. </p>

<p>To learn C, you'll cover that in 61C sophomore year. I don't know if there's a class that directly covers C++.</p>

<p>I believe the CS 9 series deals with teaching some programming languages without having the course based on concepts like the major-required lower div courses CS61A,B,C</p>

<p>computer science 9c teaches C</p>

<p>You should, Dan is an amazing prof. I'm thinking of holding off 61C until my junior year to do it with him b/c I heard that Patterson is bad for 61C O_o</p>

<p>And you can definitely take it P/NP</p>

<p>Does cs 10 adequately prepare you for cs 61a? What are some resource I can use during winter break that will teach me the basics of programming?</p>

<p>cs 10 is pretty useless... go straight to cs61a...</p>