current students @ cornell...

<p>just for fun...and for prospective students to get to know cornell better. </p>

<p>What were you most surprised of when you came to cornell?</p>

<p>What aspect/building/etc... of cornell do you value the most?</p>

<p>What do you hate most about cornell?</p>

<p>On a scale of (worst)1-10(best), how would you rate your experience at cornell so far. </p>

<p>What are 3 things that you want to do @ cornell in the near future?</p>

<p>what building do you value at cornell the most? what the hll does that mean? I'd like to hear at some point some experiences from orientation week. I've heard that it's one of the best experiences of college so share some of your crazy stories from your first week at college or any crazy stories that you have. I'm bored and trying to do as little work for school as possible.</p>

<p>most surprised, how unattractive some girls can be, how hard students study</p>

<p>hate most about it, not enough stuff to do outside of studying and frat parties</p>

<p>to the OP: I was most suprised (after all the hype on CC) that there were a bunch of attractive girls walking around.</p>

<p>My most valued aspects of cornell are the atmosphere created by the students (hardworking and intellectual but simultaneously fun-loving) and the atmosphere created my the natural</a> beauty
Most valued building is lynah rink, because of the awesome hockey games and because I love to skate there to relax.</p>

<p>I hate the laundry prices ($1.50/load), getting up twice a semester at 6:30AM to do add/drop and course enroll online, and other petty things, nothing significant.</p>

<p>I would absolutely rate my cornell experience a 10 out of 10. It's given me everything I wanted and more, and completely exceeded my expectations about college life.</p>

<p>Three things (not necessarily the top 3) I would like to do before I leave cornell are do a backflip off the gorge jumping cliff or bridge, get a 4.0 one semester, and get a hockey line number below 50 (over 1400 given out...)</p>

<p>HotelSchoolCornell: Orientation week was incredible. I partied every night. The upperclassmen were, to my suprise, incredibly friendly, very welcoming, generous with their alcohol and houses, etc. Collegetown was literally a big party. So many houses in the catherine street area were partying that you could walk out of once house hiding your beer under your coat (open liquor containers are illegal in the street for those of you who didn't know that) and walk into a house on the other side of the street and just meet more people and listen to some more good music and have a great time. I met tons of great friends who I still am close with today. I found out what a hangover is (during the presidents convocation). I learned firsthand what it feels like to fall 40' into a river, and how idiotic you feel as you take the last step of a running jump off a cliff. I met my girlfriend. I met some other girls too, haha. I just had an awesome time. One of the most treasured and missed weeks of my life. I can't wait until next year's orientation week.</p>

<p>What were you most surprised of when you came to cornell?</p>

<p>I still cannot believe that you can have a school as big as cornell, but it still feels like a community and actually doesn't feel all that big. That's saying something coming from me because:</p>

<p>Population of the Village I Live in = 985 people
Population of my Town (includes surounding areas)= 3,578 people
Undergraduate Population at Cornell = 13,665 students</p>

<p>Upperclassmen are also insanely nice, Chemistry 207 was actually entertaining, I was also in awe about my dorm room. . it was by far the nicest of all the places I visited.</p>

<p>What aspect/building/etc... of cornell do you value the most?</p>

<p>I love everything, the people, the professors, the food, the campus. . .</p>

<p>My favorite building is either Uris Library (The one with the clock tower), or Sage Chapel.</p>

<p>What do you hate most about cornell?</p>

<p>The Wind!! I love the snow, I don't mind the cold, but the wind is absolutely bitter. . .lol. I like my four seasons, so it's a small price to pay.</p>

<p>Ithaca is a cool college town, but I would get rid of some of the stuff in between Ithaca and New York or even Buffalo or Montreal. . .It would be nice if we were close to a major city to go visit. But New York is close enough (like 5 hours). But then again, Ithaca has everything I could ever need. . .well, even the campus has everything so I guess there really is no need.</p>

<p>On a scale of (worst)1-10(best), how would you rate your experience at cornell so far. </p>

<p>9! The deduction of 1 is my own fault. I just didn't do as much as I wanted on campus, I focused so much on academics, but did take advantage of some parties, but I really need to take advantage of more of the things cornell has to offer. So, my experience is a 9, but I still give Cornell a 10! Everything you could ever want is here, if you utilize everything that's offered to you, you can have the perfect college experience.</p>

<p>What are 3 things that you want to do @ cornell in the near future?</p>

<ol>
<li>I want to get involved more on campus, join a music group/ensemble, and find a good community service group.</li>
<li>Do some research with a professor sophomore or junior year. (almost did that this year)</li>
<li>SKIFEST! It's almost here!! lol.</li>
</ol>

<p>cornell's undergrad population is actually currently 13,515 haha, and yes I agree about the community feeling. It's not like being lost in a sea of 13.5K students, more like being welcomed into a tightknit community of them.</p>

<p>also, so you're going on skifest too? I'm pumped, sounds like it'll be hella fun. Who wants to help build a sick jump at the hotel place we're staying.</p>