Cutting down my college list?

<p>I currently have 11 schools on my list of colleges to apply to. However, I can't afford to pay for application fees, SAT scores, and transcripts for all of them. So, I need to eliminate a few.</p>

<p>Currently on my list are:
Vanderbilt
Syracuse
University of Alabama
University of Arkansas
University of Georgia
University of Missouri
University of Texas
Baylor University
Southern Methodist University
Texas Christian University
Texas A&M University</p>

<p>You can find my stats here: <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/968113-chances-syracuse.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/968113-chances-syracuse.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>P.S. Please do not tell me that I shouldn't apply to Vanderbilt. I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to.</p>

<p>By the way, I've already applied to Arkansas and Baylor. All I have to do for my TCU app is write my essay.</p>

<p>To be honest, I'd eliminate at least one of the state schools - probably Missouri (I'd say Arkansas but you already applied), because academically it's the weakest of the bunch. Personally, I think that maybe you want to eliminate one of the Texas schols unless you really have your heart set on going there. Definitely keep Vanderbilt and Syracuse because while Vanderbilt is a reach, it's worth a try, and I think you're qualified for Syracuse as well.</p>

<p>Based on your chances, I think you should eliminate UT and Vanderbilt because they're big reaches for you. Keep Missouri because they have a good journalism program (I'm assuming that's your major).</p>

<p>^ I agree. UT and Vandy are huge reaches.</p>

<p>I'm thinking about not applying to Missouri and Georgia. Thoughts?</p>

<p>^^Missouri has one of the top journalism programs in the country......no idea about the other publics on your list other than UTexas in that regard......</p>

<p>See, I'm not sure if I want to major in journalism. I'm debating between journalism and marketing for a major. Mizzou's only strong major, to my knowledge, is journalism. So, if I decided that I wanted to switch to a marketing major, their marketing program isn't that great.</p>

<p>However, if I went to, say, Syracuse where they have very good journalism AND marketing programs, I would have more options. </p>

<p>I'm just not comfortable with Mizzou for if I change my mind, like many do.</p>

<p>Bump? Thanks everyone.</p>

<p>Bump again!</p>

<p>Anyone else have suggestions?</p>