D grade

<p>Hey, </p>

<p>So basically I took this summer Calc class at a community college during High school and got a D. I am now currently enrolled at a different community college and repeated the equivalent to that course, and got a B in it .. I'm going to sign a TAG agreement this August and I'm wondering if that previous calc class will show up, and affect my GPA.</p>

<p>If you retook it, then it will show up on your transcript but it will not affect your GPA. Admissions will not care at all.</p>

<p>The thing is .. they were at two separate community colleges though, the one I retook it at is on the quarter system and the one I got a D in was on the semester system.</p>

<p>Well you said it was the same class so it doesn't matter. You might want to do academic renewal just so your transcript will look prettier for grad school apps, since when you retake it at the same school it'll be marked that it was retaken and automatically excluded from your GPA.</p>

<p>eh CantabilenApathy might be kinda off. Even though it's an equivalent class, it's at a different college district. Unless you have a way to make it count as "repeated" on your old college's transcript, it might still be counted against you. But that's my input and I'm not 100 percent.</p>

<p>That's interesting because I got an F in a US History class (couldn't drop it and couldn't get the professor to do an incomplete) at SBCC and at West Valley I took History 17B (US History) and got an A and I don't know if that A replaces the F or if I have to take 17A and then the two grades average out and that grade replaces the F. I know it's one or the other, I'm really hoping I don't have to take A too.</p>

<p>If you took a single one semester course at one college and a single one quarter course at another I do not see how they could be equivalent unless the course taken on the quarter system carried more credits than the one on the semester system. If the course taken on the semester system was 4 units, the course taken on the quarter system would have to be worth 6 units for them to be equivalent.</p>