dean college?????????

<p>Have you guys heard of dean college?
Is it a good college? if you go on its website, it says its ranked 20th worldwide.
And it sounds cool too.</p>

<p>Can i get in?
I have 1700 SAT score and I took 1 AP class with 3.4 GPA, and some leadership positions in clubs and I helped out a lot.</p>

<p>No, I hadn't heard of Dean College until your post. But I went to its web page. It doesn't say what you said it said.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Dean College is pleased to announce that they are ranked 20thby US News and World Report for ‘Best Regional Colleges’ for the North region for 2012 [emphasis added]. This is the first time Dean has ever received a ranking by this publication and is the fifth highest ranking institution in Massachusetts to achieve this distinction for this category.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>U.S</a>. News and World Report Ranking</p>

<p>That's not exactly "worldwide." </p>

<p>That having been said, Dean might or might not be a good college for you, but strangers on the Internet aren't well equipped to tell you that. Explore it online; visit it if you can; read about it in books such as the Fiske guide. If you think that you can get in, and that you can be successful and happy there, and that you and your family can afford it, then it's probably a good college for you. And if it is a good college for you, it doesn't matter very much whether it's 20th worldwide or 20th among regional colleges in the north.</p>

<p>But be careful about what you read. Read carefully: Dean College isn't "ranked 20th worldwide"; it doesn't have the same kind of reputation as Haverford or Oberlin or other leading LACs. And realize that when you read Dean's own web page, you're reading an advertisement for Dean College. They're trying to entice you to apply. (And of course, this last bit of advice is also true for Haverford and Oberlin.)</p>

<p>As for whether you can get in, you can start by looking here: <a href="http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=3301&profileId=0%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=3301&profileId=0&lt;/a>. According to College Board's profile of Dean, 10% of freshmen had a high school GPA of 3.25 or above; 84% had a high school GPA of 2.5 or below. Seventy-five percent of freshmen had a score of 490 or below on each section of the SAT, and 75% of freshmen had a 19 or less composite score on the ACT. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.</p>