Did anyone else decide NOT to take the SAT I?

<p>My D scored a 35 composite on the ACT and has decided not to even take the SAT I. I know that all the colleges say they accept the ACT, but has anyone else done this? Did you get in where you wanted to go to school?</p>

<p>i wouldn't take the SAT if i had a 35</p>

<p>Me neither</p>

<p>The only reason for your D to take the SAT is if she wants to apply to a school which does not acceot the ACT. (Are there any?)</p>


<p>would you reccomend taking the SAT I with a 34 ACT?</p>

<p>Depends on your confidence level. Even though a 34 ACT and a 1500 (old) SAT are supposedly equal, most hyper competitive schools would probably prefer the SAT. Not a huge factor, but a potential tie breaker.</p>

<p>If she is a semi-finalist for NMS and wants to move on, she'll have to take the SAT I.</p>

<p>I recently had a similar situation. I got a 34 on my ACT (34 E, 36 M, 31 R, 34 S) in February and was debating whether to take the SAT I at all. I ended up looking at the CB's Blue Book and found that the SAT was actually easier for me than the ACT, and I ended up getting 800 M, 770 CR, 720 W, which will probably be regarded as higher than my 34.</p>

<p>So my advice is, look into the SAT. Maybe your daughter can score equally well or better? If not, then don't worry about it.</p>