did bad on science act...does this hurt me if i am not majoring in science?

<p>i got a 21. but did decent on the rest of the test. thanks!</p>

<p>It will hurt you because it effects your overall composite. I have a 34 math, 34 english, 33 reading, and 29 science. If I didn’t take science I would have the 34 instead of 33…</p>

<p>right, but my composite is still at the high average point of the school i want to go to (unc chapel hill), so do they care A LOT if you didn’t do that great on science if i specify a major other than science?</p>

<p>Shouldn’t affect you. Colleges won’t really look at your potential major, or at least UNC doesn’t.</p>

<p>They just care about composite unless you want to be an engineer…</p>

<p>Engineering at UNC?</p>

<p>???
the answers kinda confused me, i don’t know why :frowning:
i’m not going into science or engineering. i want to be a teacher (& not science related!) so i hope the act science score doesn’t hurt me all that much!</p>

<p>I wasn’t refering to engineering at UNC, I’m just saying that colleges really only care about one of your sub-scores when your deciding on if you want to go into engineering. Otherwise, if you have a high composite you should be fine.</p>

<p>It does not matter at all.</p>