difference between 1600 and 2400 scale at top schools?

<p>I did very well on the writing section (780) but poorly on the math (670). So while my 2400 score (2250) is competitive at top schools my 1600 score (1470) isn't really. somebody break down the impact of this for me? Because I'm honestly confused.</p>

<p>It depends on the school. Some places, like the University of Chicago, only use the 1600 point scale - the 2400 scale isn't even considered. Other places (Yale included) use the full 2400 point scale, though in nearly all cases the writing school is weighted less than the others because it's not really testing aptitude.</p>

<p>Math and Reading are emphasized more than writing. Having said this, a 780 writing is a great score and should give you a little bit of a boost at lower tiered schools (780 is the norm for Yale though).</p>

<p>is there any evidence supporting the claim that CR score is weighed more than writing? Looking at the admitted applicants stats at schools like Brown for example, one can see that higher scorer in the writing section are actually admitted at a higher rate
Brown</a> Admission: Facts & Figures</p>

<p>800 CR is very impressive. Congrats on that!
Seems that many chance me threads have 800's in math, but CR is very rare :)</p>