Dinner for $2.00

<p>get a restaurant.com gift certificate of $25.....it will show the price as $10, but use the coupon code PORTION and the price drops to $2.</p>

<p>Wow, thanks. Where did you get the code from Simba?</p>

<p>Great deal. Just be sure to read the restrictions (eg, some restaurants only allow you to use them with a $50 or more purchase, Sun - Thurs, etc.).</p>

<p>I just got 3 certificates. Thank-you.</p>

<p>Most of the time, the "certificates" are actually more like coupons. You spend $X on dinner, they give you $Y off. Most of the ones in my neck of the woods also tack on a mandatory 18% gratuity, calculated from the original bill.</p>

<p>Still, it makes my $40-$50 date nights into $25-30 ones, price of certificate included, so it's not all bad!</p>

<p>Awesome, just got 3. =)</p>

<p>"Wow, thanks. Where did you get the code from Simba?"</p>

<p>There is a site called fatwallet.com (this should be OK....they are not competing with this sites) where 'frugling' is considered a sport.</p>

<p>Being a veggie couple I can't use the coupon.</p>

<p>If you see any more good discount feel free to pass it on. We are going to CA next weekend, I got 2 certificates at 2 restaurants. I also got one around the corner where I work in NYC.</p>

<p>There are almost always codes for discounts on the restaurant.com coupons, typically ranging from 50% to 80% off (usually its around 60%). The Restaurant.com coupons last for a year. </p>

<p>When I book reservations at restaurants I try to use opentable.com, as you get points for each reservation. I just hit 20,000 points and got a check for $20 to be used at any restaurant that uses the opentable reservations system. We are going tomorrow night to a restaurant that is doing the restaurant week fixed price meal (3 courses for $25) its a well known NYC restaurant that just opened one here. I hope to use the ck from Opentable, so a 3 course meal at Il Mulino (normally a very expensive restaurant) will cost $5 :D</p>

<p>oldfort-
read this thread <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parent-cafe/63103-bargain-shoppers-discounts-deals-coupons.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parent-cafe/63103-bargain-shoppers-discounts-deals-coupons.html&lt;/a>
Its full of great coupon deals and discount tips</p>

<p>You are going to Il Mulino? I can't believe you are getting a three course meal for $25, $5 after discount?!!!</p>

<p>We went to Il Mulino one time for a family dinner(I usually went on the company's dime). We ordered what they recommended, didn't even ask the price. For three of us, the bill came to $600 (no joke). D2 happened to glance the bill, she said, "What a rip!" She said so loudly everyone looked.</p>

<p>^^^ $600??? Holy cow!!</p>

<p>This is the Il Mulino in Atlanta, not NY, but still prices are normally very high (listed as $$$$ on opentable's website). If I order a beverage of any kind (alcoholic or not) I am sure my bill will jump, but as of now-- yup $5 for a 3 course meal. LEt me ckeck what they are offering, if they tell on their website.</p>

<p>I use restaurant.com all the time. I am notoriously cheap and know how to find all the good deals. My coworkers are in awe of my bargain-finding ability. Thanks for the link, jym626 - I will make sure to read it for anything I don't know about.</p>

<p>Nope-- can't find what they are offering on the restaurant week menu. Probaby a cracker and a slice of cheese :(</p>

<p>and Kelsmom-
I am always happy to share coupons, deals, etc. Lety us know your favorite sites.</p>

<p>Stick with the $25 menu, do not order specials. Menu price seem reasonable, that's why we didn't ask the price for their specials. It was very good. Enjoy.</p>

<p>Will do. The couple we are going with might be picking up the tab. Last time we took them out and paid, and it was very expensive (not $600, bit more like $250). They may repay the favor with the $25 3 course meals :) Fine by me.. I can save my $20 opentable check for another time.</p>

<p>$10 gift certificate selling for $4... discount applied ($3.20) total price 80 cents ??? for real?? LOL</p>

<p>just bought 1 $10 and 2 X $25 gift certificates for $5.30, total. Seemed like a low risk trade. All 3 restaurants are right up the street. :)</p>

<p>Just returned from Il Mulino. My H and I each had a glass of Chianti, and as the other couple suggested we split the bill, we pulled out the $20 check from open table (it processes like a travelers cheque) which we also split. So dinner, which was very good, though portions were modest and garlic was intense, with drinks, 3 course fixed price meal, coffee and tip came to $70 for the 2 of us. I guess thats a bit more than $5, but we did have $20 worth of wine and split our $20 open table cheque. They started the service with wonderful flash fried zucchini, bruischetto, hunks of fresh parmesan cheese cut at the table, special italian salami, and wonderful bread, homemade garlic breadsticks and garlic bread. That was all very yummy. Then had mussels in white wine sauce, a salmon, mushroom and asparagus dish and chocolate flowerless cake with fresh berries and a homemade whipped cream with madeira wine in it. Yumm.....</p>

<p>By the way, restaurant.com is now doing a ninety percent off couton (code word "ninety" at checkout). We are going to a restaurant tonight that happens to be on the list-- so I jsut bought a $25 coupon for $1.50. AND I get 1000 points on opentable for booking it at 6 pm. What a deal!!</p>

<p>Awesome! I always got the email reminders but half the time deleted them without looking at the offer.</p>

<p>I just bought $175 worth of GC for a whopping total of $7.00 and they are for restaurants we frequently eat it! </p>

<p>Woohoo..happy Friday to me! (just make sure you use "ninety" as the code)</p>