Diverse Learning Environments (DLE) Survey Scam!

<p>Has anybody actually received their BruinCard credit?
When I completed the survey the website said:
30% response rate = First 2,500 respondents
40% response rate = First 5,000 respondents
50% response rate = All respondents recieve $5 in BruinCard credit
(7,500 respondents if you calculate from linearity of previous two)</p>

<p>They just changed the website, which now says:
$5 BruinCard Credit for the first 12,000 Responders</p>

<p>If you combine those two, it would mean that every respondent would now receive credit. But I have not received anything after completing it. But, it seems like they changed the website since 12,000 have already responded, which would mean that nobody else would receive credit. To me, it seems like a scam, since they changed the conditions all of a sudden.</p>

<p>I got it. The email (sent 3/11/11) said this:</p>

<p>
[quote]

Dear _____,</p>

<p>Congratulations! You were one of the first 1,000 respondents to the UCLA Diverse Learning Environments Survey (DLE) and have won a $5 BruinCard credit. The credit should appear in your account by early next week (March 14th). YouÂ’re also eligible for the early responder survey prize drawings which include Dodgers and LA Galaxy tickets, chair massage, and free lunch for a month (for more information, see UCLA</a> Diverse Learning Environments Survey (DLE)). The drawing for early responder prizes will occur on March 14, 2011. </p>

<p>Encourage your friends to respond to the survey so they can also be eligible to win BruinCard credits and other prizes!!</p>

<p>If you have any questions regarding your BruinCard credit, please contact me at <a href="mailto:sjensen@saonet.ucla.edu">sjensen@saonet.ucla.edu</a>. If you have any other questions related to the survey, please contact Sirinda (<a href="mailto:ssincharoen@saonet.ucla.edu">ssincharoen@saonet.ucla.edu</a>).</p>

<p>Thanks so much for participating in the DLE. We appreciate your time and willingness to share your experiences and look forward to using your feedback to continually improve the UCLA experience.</p>

<p>Susan Jensen M.P.H.
Bruin Resource Center
Office Manager
220 Westwood Plaza,Suite B44
(310) 825-3945 FAX (310) 267-2053
UCLA</a> Bruin Resource Center (BRC)

[/quote]
</p>