Do athletes need to send their medical records?

<p>I'm asking this question on behalf of someone else.</p>

<p>Do athletes need to send their medical records to the University? If not, what information are they obligated to provide in order to determine their eligibility?</p>

<p>Any help would be appreciated. I can't find forms anywhere online that would help me find an answer.</p>

<p>If they are being recruited or are accepted, wouldn't the school contact them?</p>

<p>Penn</a> Admissions: Ivy League Athletics Admission Statement
Recruitment of students who want to compete in Ivy intercollegiate athletics may involve substantial contact with coaches as well as admission officers. Ivy coaches are both expert in their respective sports and interested in and sensitive to the academic and social issues that concern college students. They are encouraged to be knowledgeable about institutional admissions and financial aid standards, and to be able to discuss those standards with prospective students.</p>

<ol>
<li>Apply to be certified as an "initial qualifier" through the NCAA Division I Certification Clearinghouse. Information about the Clearinghouse and other NCAA rules for prospective student-athletes is available from your secondary school counselor, from the NCAA website.</li>
</ol>