Do colleges have tests everyday?

<p>Hi, I'm a high school junior and i'm so stressed out. I have tests and quizzes almost everyday usually 4/5 days a week. At least one of the days I get 2-3 tests or quizzes on one day. Rarely, but it does happens once every 3 weeks where I'll have 4 tests or quizzes in 1 day. I'm really stressed out because I'm scared to get anything below a 90. Is college life similar, this will be torture if it is. I like studying, but I just hate studying for a test that is the next day. It worries me a lot.</p>

<p>Nope. It's generally 3 big exams. Often some sort of homework or paper or stuff in between.</p>

<p>I don't have any exams this semester, I'm taking Lit seminars and they're all essays.</p>

<p>No they don't. They just have 2 midterms, maybe a paper, and a final.</p>

<p>No. I was very fortunate to not have any tests scheduled on the same day. But I did have a quiz every lab day for chem</p>

<p>Depends on the class. But even in ones with frequent assessments, it's usually just little quizzes every now and then with a big test every six weeks or so. This semester, my classes mostly have a varying number of "exams" (1-3) and a final. </p>

<p>Other than that, I have small quizzes every now and then in Statistics and Japanese, but math and languages are things that require frequent small assessments. </p>

<p>As for other work, if you're taking a literature course (and potentially a social science), you should be prepared to write a few papers as well. But frequently, papers actually replace exams/tests in those classes.</p>

<p>So, don't worry. College is NOT like high school. At all.</p>

<p>In Bio lab last semester, we had a quiz or assignment due every class, which was once a week. In my Calc class this semester, there's a quiz every Monday. Like others have said, most classes are usually 2-3 big exams + final, and the classes that DO have frequent quizzes are only worth about as much as homework.</p>

<p>Plus, even if I have a quiz every week for one class... that's only one day a week. So even though frequent, its not a quiz "every day."</p>

<p>I'm taking a lot of math/science classes this semester, and I have a week with three exams on back to back days. The nice thing about college is that there's rarely assignments due everyday, so instead of doing a lot of busy work you're able to study at your own will (which isn't always a good thing). So you'll have weeks where you just show up to class, listen, and leave. Then there will be stressful weeks where you have exams. It just depends on the courses you're taking and your professors.</p>

<p>Most of the professors at my school have an exam every 5 weeks. Our semesters are ~15 weeks, so most of my classes have two exams and a final.</p>

<p>I have one test a week in Chinese and maybe 3 tests a semester in my other classes.</p>

<p>Papers are a lot more common than tests. I write two or three every week, though most of them are only a page or two long.</p>

<p>a test every day? damn</p>

<p>I've never had a class with more than four tests in a semester. I have several classes where the entire grade is based on two or three tests, and I only have graded homework in one class this semester. Of course, it depends on what your major is, but still, I wouldn't worry about having tests every day.</p>

<p>Depends on the class.</p>

<p>I have had a couple of classes that did quizzes pretty much every class. I've also had a couple of classes with only a few exams.</p>

<p>One of my friends has a class that is only 4 exams. Each count 25%.</p>

<p>I hardly ever have papers. I only had a couple all of last semester, which was bizarre to me because my high school had us writing them constantly. I remember my ninth grade year, I had 2-3 papers a week alone in just one class... and it wasn't even my English class.</p>

<p>Even in my English class this semester I think I'm only supposed to have like 3-4 formal papers. We have like 10 short writing assignments, but those don't count in my opinion. Because if you do them, you get full credit and they're very short.</p>

<p>do they ID every test or how does that work? Im sure they must have some sort of file on you correct?</p>

<p>They have a grade book, digital or otherwise, like every other teacher.</p>

<p>The only thing similar between highschool and college is that they use gradebooks. You write your full name at the top of the paper (or whereever they tell you).</p>

<p>You should stop being so scared of getting below a 90. Bs are fine.</p>