Do I have what it takes for a Cal State, or do i have to go to Mt. Sac?

<p>i have a 2.65 GPA with only a couple of hours of volunteer service, no sports, not much involvemment. no AP or HOnors classes either. i havent tooken the SAT yet, but i got a 1330 on my PSAT. be honest wiht me guys, can i at least make it into CSU Chico or maybe some other cal state? or do i have to go to community college like Mt. Sac? i know im not making it into a UC so i really hope cal state can be a choice for me.</p>

<p>CSUMentor</a> - Plan for College - High School Students - Freshman Admission Requirements Overview</p>

<p>Minimum CSU standards are:</p>

<p>CSUMentor</a> - Plan for College - High School Students - Eligibility Index - California Residents
CSUMentor</a> - Plan for College - High School Students - Eligibility Index - Nonresidents Residents</p>

<p>GPA is calculated as follows:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.csumentor.edu/planning/high_school/gpa_calculator.asp%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.csumentor.edu/planning/high_school/gpa_calculator.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>However, some CSU campuses and majors have higher standards:</p>

<p>CSUMentor</a> - Plan for College - High School Students - Campuses That Have Higher Standards
CSUMentor</a> - Plan for College - High School Students - Majors That Have Higher Standards</p>

<p>Are you a senior?</p>

<p>I think you have a chance because the minimum is a 2.0 G.P.A.
Best of Luck!</p>

<p>im a junior in high school, by the way</p>

<p>Get a job or volunteer position over the summer! Also buy an SAT prep book (I recommend The Princeton Review) or take SAT classes! Take at least 1 AP/honors class next year, because CSUs only look at the rigor of your courses senior year, not the grades (because grades won't be out by the time they make decisions), so you don't have to worry about GPA as much.</p>

<p>CSUs aren't that difficult to get in to. My friend had a ~3.0 GPA and also never took any honors/AP classes, but he still made it into Cal Poly Pomona. (However, he did have 4 years of marching band and soccer and 2 years of track/field).</p>

<p>On the CSU (California State University) Application there is no space for Extra-curricular activities. To gain admission to a Cal state, only your GPA and SAT/ACT are used.
Checkout: EastBay, Dominguez Hills, and Monterey Bay.</p>

<p>If you wanted to try your luck at some private universities like Whittier, Woodbury, and Redlands. involvement in extra-curriculars would be very helpful.</p>

<p>Definitely apply. In addition to the campuses HCOdude mentioned, I think you could also have a shot at San Marcos, LA, Bakersfield, Stanislaus, and Channel Islands.
However, getting in is less important than successfully getting out. How are your work habits and self-discipline? If these need improving, you might have a better shot at success by spending a year or two at Mt SAC before transitioning to a CSU.</p>