Do I need to choose?

<p>I have already begun steady involvement in 2 areas: writing and the environment. I'm going in very good directions with these EC's..I'm passionate about them both. I'm also currently learning guitar.</p>

<p>But, I also REALLY want to go back to performing (singing, acting dancing), learn piano and delve into photography. I take the hardest classes at my school. Is it possible to do all of this? Writing, environment, performing, piano, guitar and photography? </p>

<p>It's hard to make a decision. I want to do what I am interested in but my mom says I'm stretching myself too thin as it is. I need to my best in school (I'm capable of straight A's) but I want to do all of this soo badly.</p>

<p>What do you want to do when you grow up? What can you see yourself doing for the rest of your life? Also, what do you have time for?</p>

<p>That's how I managed to make my list smaller.</p>

<p>You're mom is right too. You don't want to spread yourself too thin. You can try new things in college too! So maybe focus on what you're doing already, and add one more activity in. Then try out your other interest in college!</p>

<p>If you learn how to become "excellent" in one field, then you can become great at many. If you learn how to be "mediocre" at many, it will be hard to become superior at one.</p>

<p>Take your pick.</p>

<p>It's up to you to decide whether you can do it all or not, asking strangers on an internet forum is pretty pointless.</p>

<p>I just want to know if you guys think anyone could do it all while getting a sufficient amount of sleep and not going insane.</p>

<p>I could cut it down to just acting, singing and photography (not piano or dance)</p>

<p>I volunteer at a hospital, hold a job, play 3 varsity sports, am in 3 school clubs (leadership positions in two) and have pretty exceptional academic stats. It's definitely possible.</p>

<p>Would colleges view me as too scattered if I was focused on/excelled in:
theater, photography, writing & the environment?</p>

<p>You could blend everything together. :) Musical theater. It involves acting, singing, and dancing. You could take photos of what is going on and you said you already have the environmental and writing taking care of (though, might I suggest AP Environmental and NaNoWriMo if you haven't already considered them?). And then, if you have time on the side, pick up piano.</p>

<p>Wow :o that's awesome.. Do you ever procrastinate or are you always on top of things?</p>

<p>I procrastinate.</p>

<p>Writing, environment, acting, singing, and photography seem manageable.</p>

<p>You will have enough time to sleep most of the time. However, it will be hard some weeks, maybe for an entire month. During last semester, I would miss about 1/3 of all classes. In 2 months, I missed about half the classes. Do you think you would be able to handle it? Not just the make up work, but the amount of stress of missing work, knowing you'll be missing more work, and keeping up? It's very hard trying to catch up, keep up, and get ahead at the same time.'</p>

<p>Think about it this way:
Writing and photography are timeless, as in there is no "set time" to do them. You can write/photograph them at 2AM, 10AM, or 5PM and it wouldn't matter (not including quality) (most of the time). Singing, acting, and environmental stuff have small periods of work (an hour lesson here, practice for x time this day, etc).</p>

<p>It seems like less work, that way.</p>

<p>Shewas: I'm planning on self-studying AP Enviro next year. The class is offered, but I don't like the teacher, plus it's supposedly a B.S class at my school. National Novel Writing Month, correct? It seems fantastic..I'm actually planning on starting a novel this summer.</p>

<p>You make it sound so simple! Haha, I suppose I really could do it if I never procrastinated:]</p>

<p>^^^ You're Jersey13. That's just being awesome.</p>

<p>On topic.. it can be done, you must learn how to merge them. Besides, who wants the opinion of people who spend their time on here?</p>

<p>Rayna, why did you miss so many classes?</p>

<p>Also- if anyone can answer this, how do you think colleges will view this? I know they don't seem very focused but I actually do think my interests mesh well together. I love them all..I'm definitely not doing them for the sake of college admissions.</p>

<p>I missed classes because of a bad case of sinus infection, drama performances, and tennis season. I'll be doing it again this upcoming Spring semester too.</p>

<p>When I decided what to focus on, I made different categories. One was "Performance" which includes piano, guitar, acting, and songwriting. I had others too, but ultimately I decided on Performance, Japanese, and CS.</p>