Do I need to create an account in commonapp.org ?

<p>Hello, I was going through Dartmouth's admissions site today and it was written their that freshmen applicants should start by opening an account in commonapp.org?</p>

<p>I can already download the forms. So what's the point of registering? Is it really necessary? And will it affect my application?</p>

<p>Dartmouth prefers that you apply online, so if you can, you should make an account on CommonApp.org and apply that way, instead of mailing them forms.</p>

<p>It will also be more convenient for you than having to mail a separate application to all the schools you apply to.</p>

<p>so if I apply online, I have to open an account?</p>

<p>Yes, you do.</p>

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>I have a question. My recommendations are written and ready to be mailed, but CommomApp wont let me fill out the application until I put my recommenders info. The problem is that I was an exchange student for a year in the US(teachers wrote recomms there), but Im back home now ... is it ok then if I print out all the forms and send it by mail? or should I scan it and still send it online?</p>

<p>You should put in the information for your recommenders on the website, but they may still mail the recommendations directly to the schools.</p>

<p>(also, yay for exchange students! :))</p>