Do I really need to join a summer school just for college app and essay?

<p>thankssss.</p>

<p>anyone?
thank you</p>

<p>or is it easy to handle with by myself?</p>

<p>No. </p>

<p>You don't have to fill in every blank on the app that relates to activities.</p>

<p>Most colleges make admissions decisions overwhelmingly based on students stats and (for public schools) state of residence. In general, it's only the very top colleges -- places like Harvard -- that factor in things like summer activities. That's because such colleges can afford to use extracurriculars and other factors to pick and choose from their overabundance of high stat applicants the ones who'll most contribute to creating a diverse, well rounded, active student body.</p>

<p>Such colleges aren't impressed by summer programs unless they are the ones that are highly competitive and free like TASP.</p>

<p>thanks Northstarmom, glad to see your response.</p>

<p>I am actually asking do I need to join a summer program which is to teach me how to write college essay and how to fill the applications.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>No. You can learn to do that on your own. Plenty of advice on this site and in guidebooks. Most people also do their essays and apps without special instruction. The majority of people applying to U.S. colleges get into their first choice college. No need to waste your money on a summer program to teach you to do something that most people figure out on their own.</p>

<p>okay,haha, thank you again.</p>