So essentially, I’m asking people to chance me for NYU stern 2026. My school, the way it functions, is that when first semester ends Junior year, they give you a rough calculation of what you’re gpa is going to be. In addition, they ask for a list of potential schools you’re interested in so they can get an idea of what you want, and so the counselors can start writing specialized letters of recommendations.
As the title suggests, my first choice is as of right now is stern, and seeing as ED 2 results for NYU came out a few days ago, I’m really only asking this early because the counselors write really good recommendation letters if they get an idea of the schools you plan on applying to, I only get to tell them 5 schools, in order of priority, and I’d really like to keep a school at the top I think I’d have a good shot at.
I’m a high income (no need for aid) middle eastern male from a competitive school in NY, notorious for sending 15 and 10 kids + to NYU and Cornell respectively, and where all the kids who graduate in top 10% normally attend a T15 school (out of ~150 class size).
Here are my stats and I think my GPA is going to kill me:
GPA: 3.8 UW, 4.3 W, I got 3 Bs, one B+, and UW B- freshman year cause I was lazy. All As and two A+ sophomore. All As and one A+ predicted 11th.
Taking AP bio and AP Statistics this year. Taking AP macro, gov, physics, computer science, and calc AB in 12th. Hardest course load 12th, near hardest 11th (didn’t take APUSH this year).
Class rank: School doesn’t rank but around T25%
Test scores: 1580 (800M 780 RW), was panning on taking subject tests but they got removed. Considering taking ACT and trying to get a 35.
- Founded a website/nonprofit (3 years) that writes articles about social injustice in the business world, social media has 12k+ followers, was published in local newspapers and was interviewed by local media
- Founded and president of our finance club (2 years), we teach kids about non profits and matched kids up with volunteer gigs at local companies
- President of our Spanish club (4 years when I apply), didn’t really do much, but we had a lot of members
- Secretary of our DECA club (3 years)
- Interned for a politician (2 years), designed campaign logos, handled mail, and scheduled interviews with media stations
- Internship at a private investment firm (2 summers)
- Was an editor for our schools newspaper (4 years)
- Varsity track captain (4 years)
- Member of model UN (3 years), won best delegate
- Was a leader in a special program at our school where we would have a bunch of kids in our group and essentially just talk to them
Awards (I’m not sure if I even have space for these): 2x Scholastic gold key award, national merit semifinalist (these haven’t been officially announced but my counselor told me before hand, I’m not sure how he knows), won an award in a spanish essay writing competition, and trying not to reveal my identity, but was recognized in a few DECA competitions.
I haven’t written any essays and haven’t got any letters of rec (I’m making this post because of a rec letter). But, with sterns 8% acceptance rate, and my GPA (despite upward trend), do I have much of a chance? Stern is pretty much as hard as Wharton, and if I applied to wharton they’d laugh at me.
If it helps, I have an older sibling currently pursuing a bachelors at CAS.
Any feedback is appreciated, as if stern is a bigger reach than I thought, I’d rather put another school on my list. Sorry if I just comes down as another paranoid junior lol.