Do private universities appreciate listy, non-standard type essays?

<p>Are the following schools the types to appreciate creative writing: Johns Hopkins, Dartmouth, Columbia, Cornell, Tufts (probably does)? I have a feeling it may be risky to submit my essay about "what goes in my journal" as the commonapp essay. PLZ help!</p>

<p>Anyone, PLEASE?</p>

<p>I've seen one essay on Tufts website that is very unique, based on mind map or something. I'm not sure what they (the universities above) think, but if your piece is really creative, then why not? :)</p>

<p>all colleges are different. some colleges do ot accept creative essays, you have to watch your self because you never no that college might just throw your application because of such action</p>

<p>i think yu should just send your essay in as they want it.... just my opinion</p>

<p>Tufts probably will.
Not sure about the others. consider if you want to take the risk. if they are really far-out reach schools, and you think your essay will boost you if they do take it. then go for it.</p>

<p>Dude, if it's what shows them you...GO FOR IT!</p>

<p>I went Listy with Stanford and Harvard because I thought it was a good representation of me. Only time will tell....but I gave them the best impression of ME to make their decision with. :)</p>