Do these cc courses count as upper division UC units?

<p>ASSIST</a> Report: MESA 09-10 UC Transfer Course Agreement</p>

<p>The site says they are articulated courses, so does that mean a Psychology 101 class I completed at cc will transfer over as upper division credit at the UC? Psy 101 is an upper division core class for UCSD psychology majors.</p>

<p>psychology 101 in your CC =/= upper division at UCSD
The link you provided is the IGETC agreement, meaning psychology 101 taken at your CC will give you credits towards the specified IGETC area under the agreement. </p>

<p>I wouldn't use "all," but mostly every class you take at a CC will only count towards lower-division at a UC.</p>

<p>I honestly thought that the previous link indicated the units would transfer over for major purposes. This is the articulation agreement: ASSIST</a> Report: MESA 09-10 UCSD Articulation Agreement by Major</p>

<p>So even though the credit is transferable, I'll have to take Psyc 101 again at UCSD for upper division credit? UCSD</a> Psychology | Undergraduate Program | Degree Programs | B.A. Program The cc offers psyc courses past 200, so I thought they would count as upper division as long as they were UC transferable.</p>

<p>According to the UCSD undergraduate program, a minumum of 6 of 12 upper division courses must be completed at UCSD.</p>

<p>^But Psychology 101 from your CC isn't even listed as equivalent to any of the major pre-req's in UCSD....
I think you're getting the course titles confused..just because it's "101" doesn't make it an upper division class. The numbering rule only applies in the UC's, not CC's.</p>

<p>Basically ignore all the course numbers you see at your CC, especially if most of your classes are in the triple digits. If you look at an active articulation agreement with your CC and a UC and it lists course equivalents, psych 101 is probably Psych 1 at a UC. CC's don't offer upper division courses.</p>

<p>Courses numbered 1-99 at a UC are lower division, 100-199 are upper-division, 200+ are graduate courses.</p>

<p>ASSIST</a> Report: SMCC 09-10 UCSD Articulation Agreement by Major
O-chem is considered upper division at UCSD. You get to transfer the class but get 0 upper division units for it.</p>

<p>You can clear biochemistry at UCLA (chem 153A and 153L) (Two upper divisions) at SMC.</p>

<p>ASSIST</a> Report: SMCC 09-10 UCLA Articulation Agreement by Major</p>