Do they contact your academic references?

<p>Im a canadian international transfer and sort of feel that my overall chances would be boosted if they contacted my college counselor and professor. (They sort of love me :D)</p>

<p>I'm wondering, since they had to put their contact info on their assessment sheets does this mean that they will be contacted for certain?</p>

<p>the short answer is no they don't</p>

<p>however, my HS's college counselor would call up the regional rep and chat (for instance she called him up and left him a message when I was concerned about not getting an interview). But she's a pretty well known college counselor. On the other hand though I cannot imagine an admissions rep actually initiating such communication unless they were concerned about something (and not in the good way)</p>

<p>The answer is: only if they have questions. Quite frankly, they shouldn't need to call up anyone; the references should explain themselves. If they are confused about something that the recommender wrote or want more information, they will certainly call up the person who wrote the recommendation. But that's not standard practice.</p>

<p>
[quote]
and sort of feel that my overall chances would be boosted if they contacted my college counselor and professor. (They sort of love me )

[/quote]
</p>

<p>That's what the letter is for.</p>

<p>Most people have good recs. It's not that hard to find 2 teachers during your 4 years in HS who've liked you.</p>

<p>I never said it was or that I was special because of it lol. Lighten up.
Seeing as I'm applyinfor transfer I just thought I'd ask since i saw that they had a space for the contact info on the faculty report.</p>

<p>Thanks for the clear up :)</p>