Do they have...

<p>a deaf studies program at Pitt? (So that I can teach/work with deaf students.)</p>

<p>My family has so much history with Pitt, and I don't even know this. I tried to look on the site, but I only found about Autism studies, so....</p>

<p>Help. :)</p>

<p>They offer American Sign Language Studies as one of their certificate programs. Is that what you're looking for?</p>

<p>University</a> of Pittsburgh</p>

<p>The School of Education offers programs in Hearing</a> Impaired Instruction and more generally in the Education</a> of Students with Mental and Physical Disabilities. I'm assuming it would fall under those and that you should contact the School of Education for more information in order to see if such a program would serve your needs.</p>

<p>@wgmcp101: the first link says something about admissions being suspended. does that mean the program is no longer available??</p>

<p>The first for wgmcp101 was what I meant, but thank you schrizto. Would it also be okay to (for the same career) if i got a degree in ed. of students with mental/phys. disabilities AND the ASL certificate, or should I try to do more of wgmcp101's 1st link??</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>I didn't notice the suspended admissions message when I linked it. I think you definitely need to contact the School of Education and ask them about that and find out if they can serve your interests. Their contact link is Contact</a> the School of Education - Contact Us @ the University of Pittsburgh School of Education</p>

<p>"Would it also be okay to (for the same career) if i got a degree in ed. of students with mental/phys. disabilities AND the ASL certificate?" and to possibly volunteer at the School for the Deaf...would that prepare me for the same career?</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>bummppp :)</p>

<p>Just e-mail one of the professors in the department and ask. I have always gotten a response when I've done that. Most profs are happy to help students interested in their departments.</p>