Do UCs care about your GPA history as much as the cumulative GPA?

<p>Sorry if my question as the title was phrased vaguely, but I was wondering if UC admissions people take the time to look through a person’s entire academic history instead of just the cumulative weighted/unweighted GPA?
My GPA dropped below a 3.0 sophomore year for one semester but junior year I brought it up to a 3.83.
I feel like they might care a little bit about your GPA history but with all of the applications, how would they ever have the time to browse through individuals’? </p>

<p>Thank you for helping me out! :)</p>

<p>Bumpedybumpbump</p>

<p>Bumpppppppppppppp</p>

<p>Super cool of everyone to not bother giving any comments</p>

<p>The fact that you improved looks great! The upward trend looks really good, explain in your app why you suffered that one semester. ( I am in almost the exact same situation)</p>

<p>I just think they won’t care as much because a lot of people probably had a dip and an upward spike in GPA-my question really is how do they evaluate those sorts of things? They don’t have time to go look at the gpa history of every individual application right? So that means they won’t consider it as much…at all…?</p>

<p>UCs, UCB in particular is known for rejecting applicants with low academic standards. I hope its not true.</p>

<p>^ Well, UCB is one of the top colleges in the world…so unless you have some thing else that’s amazing, you need a high GPA/scores, etc to get in. Isn’t that to be expected?</p>

<p>@meep1234, i totally agree with you.</p>

<p>If you’re like me, you had to list every class you’ve taken in high school in your application which means that they are interested in seeing how you’ve done semester by semester as well as cumulatively. As long as you explained in your app that your dip was because of catastrophe in your family or some similar reason then they may see your rise as overcoming adversity.</p>

<p>And as for your post about people not responding… I’m not sure what you expected on the day that the applications are due. :P</p>

<p>Also, was your below 3.0 a UC weighted GPA? UCs only look at their own GPA which doesn’t include your freshman year or PE. (or at least I think they do)</p>