<p>Hi,</p>
<p>Recently my parents have been getting on my arse about going to an ivy league school since so many people that we know are going to amazing schools (typical indians lol…). But the problem is that lately, I’ve been having trouble seeing the point of going to that kind of school. I’m not the type of person that is naturally gifted. I’m able to understand the basics faster than normal people, but it takes me a LOOONG time to understand application of things, and even after practicing these skills, I still am not any better than those that understand it right away. This problem will only be amplified at an ivy league school or T25 where there are literally hundreds of people that probably never even picked up a review book (much less attend a summer session, and take 10 practice tests and get 1920) and get 2100, so I will probably die in that kind of pressuring environment. My parents however can only seem to think that going to a T25 is the only way to go. Is there:</p>
<p>1.Anything I can use to show them that its not necessary, nor the best way to go for everyone?</p>
<li>Anyone who went to a non UCLA, UCB, UVA, UMich, etc. state school that was successful in med/dent school as case studies?</li>
</ol>
<p>I’m not an overly ambitious person. My dream medical or dental school is OHSU, so its not like HMC or JHU like many people want, so what would you do if you were in my shoes?</p>
<p>(btw, I know Ivies have grade inflation, but in my mind, if I’m an average student, then that means I will get basically Bs and Cs, so I would rather be at the top of a “useless” state school like University of Oregon (and get some financial aid in the process), than a 3.0 student at Brown, with maybe a 3.2 due to grade inflation)</p>