do you keep fafsa/bright futures money if kicked out?

<p>if i go to an honors college and i have to keep a 3.5 gpa, but fail to do so and i get kicked out. then i go to another college, do i get to keep the money from fafsa and bright futures?</p>

<p>First of all....FAFSA doesn't GIVE you money...the money from the FAFSA calculations gives you need based aid that is awarded by your COLLEGE....some of which may be federally funded money (Pell Grant, etc).</p>

<p>If you transfer schools, you need to send a FAFSA to your NEW school...and do it by their DEADLINE for transfers if you need financial aid. That NEW school might award you a financial aid package. If you received Pell (which is an entitlement) you will be eligible to receive the balance of that, I believe. You will be able to take out a Stafford loan for use at your new school. These awards MUST be disbursed by your NEW school. Financial aid doesn't "transfer" from school to school without an application for get that FAFSA done.</p>

<p>Someone more versed with Bright Futures will have to respond about that.</p>

<p>Bright Futures does not give you money, it pays tuition to your school. You can transfer to another FL school and your Bright Futures award will go with you. You must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA to keep your Bright Futures Scholarship though. And if you drop or withdraw from a class after the drop/add deadline, you have to repay the cost of those classes back to the school.</p>

<p>Everything state above is true. Also, if you stay in the same University but in a different college than the Honors you should be OK.</p>

<p>As the others have said, the money goes to the school, not to you. It is an interesting question as to what happens if you are given living expense, commuting, books, supplies like computer money that is federal/state funds and you leave the college mid term without finishing up with your courses. I know that there are all sorts of future penalities regarding financial aid when you do something like that, but I don't think you have to return the funds. Strangely, I remember one kid who dropped out one year, and the school returned a reduced pro rata amount of the Direct Loans that the parents had taken back to the lender.</p>

<p>If you completely withdraw before 60% of the term has passed, there is a calculation that must be performed called Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4). It's a complicated thing & has to do with date of withdrawal & how many days have passed in the term. Yes, students often DO have to return money in the case of complete withdrawal.</p>

<p>does getting kicked out mean complete withdrawal? and also i understand that when going to a another college, you have to submit another fafsa, now here is a question. what if i just go to their honors program, for example, lets say i was in fiu and then i decide to go to fiu honors, will i have to do another fafsa or bright futures?</p>

<p>First, I thought you were being kicked out of an honors program?? If you were being kicked out of the regular U you wouldn't then be able to enter their honors program.</p>

<p>yes, my original question was if i was getting kicked out of an honors program, would i be able to still go to the same college but not in the program.</p>