Does a $1000 stipend make a summer program prestigious?

<p>A university OOS is offering me a $1000 stipend to participate in a summer program they are hosting. Of course i had to apply but i was just wondering if such a program would be considered prestigious since I'm not paying to attend but they're paying me. Thoughts?</p>

<p>A $1,000 stipend alone wouldn't make a summer program prestigious, in my opinion. What kind of program is it? How distinguished are the faculty and other accepted students? What will you be doing, and what kind of resources will you have available to you? Answering these questions might give you a notion of how prestigious it is.</p>

<p>Concerning the Internship, you probably need to know if it is related with you EC or your area of studies.
What will be your responsibilities in the program? Is the program, sponsor or internship recognized? Will you generate a product--i.e. poster? How many hours or weeks will you be assigned to the Intern?</p>

<p>^Wha? 10char</p>

<p>it doesn't necessarily make it prestigious. it just means they have enough funding to provide you with a $1000 stipend.</p>