Does being an average student limit your college search/choices?

<p>I know a lot of people, myself included, who have B averages (2.7-3.0) and low-to-okay SAT scores (1600-1850). Students like us don't really have too many EC's except for the occasional internship, 150+hrs of volunteer work and part-time jobs. </p>

<p>Should those things limit where a student can apply to/should apply to?</p>

<p>Not sure I understand the question but you may want to head on over to the 3.0-3.3 thread in the parents forum.....</p>

<p>of course you should only apply to schools you have a reasonable chance of being accepted at.....not sure about the "limit" question though....</p>

<p>btw, there are quite a few students (and parents of those students) on those other threads who actually have some serious EC's (even thought their stats are on the avg side) and you have to remember that everyone's GPA has to be looked at in the context of their particular HS....</p>

<p>There are a wide range of colleges for a B student who can pay for a private college in full and fewer for those who can not. Everyone's college choice is heavily impacted by their grades and scores.</p>

<p>Thanks! It was a general question since on CC there are so many overachievers that being "average" seems like it means being destined to go to a crappy school.</p>