Does Bronze Medal mean anything in USNEWS Report?

<p>So, my high school was </p>

<p>" U.S. News and World Report Best High Schools in America 2010 - Bronze Medal "</p>

<p>in 2010.</p>

<p>But my question is, does Bronze even mean anything? To colleges, would this mean my HS is at least competitive? I know it's not anything spectacular like Silver or Gold, but will it give any edge in my application? (I am not going to say it in my app, just saying)</p>

<p>Probably not sorry. </p>

<p>Is your high school ranked on News Week? </p>

<p>America's</a> Best High Schools: The List - Newsweek</p>

<p>Well, then about how many high schools are actually ranked in the USNEWS gold, silver, bronze awards? Surely it has to be less then 800? Won't that mean my HS is at least top 800 public HS in the US?</p>

<p>I figure that the gold, silver, bronze distinctions are vague and don't actually report anything of any value to the colleges. They don't really speak to anything.</p>

<p>Discrepancy: my school was ranked 259th by Newsweek but it was not ranked by US News. </p>

<p>Some great high schools down near DC were only Honorable Mentions, but a Baltimore City high school was awarded Silver?</p>

<p>
[quote]
But my question is, does Bronze even mean anything? To colleges, would this mean my HS is at least competitive? I know it's not anything spectacular like Silver or Gold, but will it give any edge in my application? (I am not going to say it in my app, just saying)

[/quote]
</p>

<p>No, because where you go to public high school isn't YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT. It's merely a function of where your parents chose to (or perhaps could afford to) live. It would be different if your efforts influenced the quality of the hs, but they don't.</p>

<p>Congratulations on being at least middle class. Now work your butt off to compete against all the other at least middle class students aiming to go to college.</p>