Does community college GPA affect my admissions to graduate school?

<p>I had 3.6 at my CC and after i got admitted to UCI now its 3.2ish because I got 3 Cs on spring and another C on summer...</p>

<p>anyway, will it affect my graduate school admission even though I get 4.0 from UCI?</p>

<p>Do I provide the schools with overall GPA or UC GPA??</p>

<p>Graduate schools will ask for transcripts from all of the institutions you attended. Have you already gotten a 4.0 at your new school or are you asking if a 4.0 from UCI would cancel out the poor grades from CC?</p>

<p>asking if a 4.0 from uci would cancel out the poor grades from CC...</p>

<p>I am certain that I will go to graduate school because I wanted to become a professor</p>

<p>What grad schools have good econ Ph.D programs??</p>

<p>Not those really top schools like harvard or MIT but little bit lower univ in terms of prestige</p>

<p>"Good econ programs" is such a broad question. It depends on what you want to study in economics, and furthermore, what your philosophy and approach towards economics is. Chicago has a great economics program of course, but not everyone will fit in with the Chicago School.</p>

<p>The way to find great programs in your field is to ask professors in your field at your current university what programs they would recommend. Look at where the professors at your current university have studied. Read economics papers that are interesting to you, note who authored them, and them look up where those professors currently teach and do research. If possible, go to a conference in economics and meet professors and observe where they come from (everyone wears tags around their necks identifying their affiliations).</p>

<p>The top programs in your field may not be the best programs for you, since you need to go somewhere where you can work with someone whose interests are similar to yours.</p>

<p>Also, if you just want to teach college that alone is not a good reason to get a PhD. You will do very little of that during graduate school. You also need to be passionate about research in some particular niche of your field, because as a professor you will be primarily expected to do research. Even at my small undergraduate LAC, my professors told me they were expected to devote 60% of their time to research.</p>