Does Febreeze really work?

<p>I am such a miserable (inexperienced due to lack of trying) housekeeper and have heard others mention Febreeze. What is the capacity of this wonder-drug?</p>

<p>Would it work in a pretty stinky room that S has been esconced in for several weeks? </p>

<p>Would it help with carpet pet odors caused by a dog with dementia who doesnt remember whether she is outside or inside?</p>

<p>Do you spray it on furniture? In the air? Into sneakers? Onto carpet?</p>

<p>What about allergies? I absolutely cannot tolerate things like air freshener and sometimes even fabric softener or people's perfume. I sneeze alot and my eyes water. </p>

<p>That's why I have never tried the product. </p>

<p>You opinions appreciated.</p>

<p>pet odors on carpet--Natures miracle.</p>

<p>Do you spray it on furniture? In the air? Into sneakers? Onto carpet?</p>

<p>Are you a librarian at Reed during finals week?</p>

<p>Then YES to all of the above.</p>

<p>;)</p>

<p>I have also used burning candles to eliminate odors- don't ask me how it works.</p>

<p>have you "bactine" aka lidocane in the nostrils?
If it works, it works, Learned about Fabreeze from CC about 6 years ago. Works wonders for senior citizen's room</p>

<p>I think the only kind that works is the one in the pump bottle not the aerosol one which bothers my nose. You can spray it on carpet, furniture, hockey gloves, etc. Just remember that it only freshens, it does not clean. I like to use it about 1/2 hour before company comes (I always spray it on the rug by the front door) The linen scented one is my favorite and I think there is also one for pets. FYI, I think the Glade brand works just as well.</p>

<p>It works for me (mom of 2 soccer-playing boys here)!! I could never stand the smell of Lysol. Febreeze has some scents that are too flowery for my taste, but some are basically unscented - agree that the linen is pretty mild and doesn't annoy me.</p>

<p>I constantly spray the dog's bed (I've also been known to spray the dog a little) and my boys soccer stuff. I also spray the kids rooms AND use those glade plug-in air fresheners in there.</p>

<p>My older son keeps a small bottle in his car - works wonders there!</p>

<p>LOL about
[quote]
spraying the dog a little!

[/quote]
I've been tempted but would worry that the dog would vomit from licking it, and that would be worse.</p>

<p>DD uses it in her college dorm room. She has a laundry basket stored under her bed and realized pretty quick that 5 days of dirty clothes doesn't smell very good. So I believe she sprays the top of the pile.</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure my son sprays dirty clothes with it and then wears them.</p>

<p>kathiep, excellent point - I only spray the dog's BACK and he usually runs away before I can do much anyway!</p>

<p>Hunt, my kids have an annoying habit of taking their game jerseys off before they leave the field and occasionally I would forget to dig them out of their backpacks, so I would apply Febreeze and toss in the dryer... please don't tell anyone :-).</p>

<p>I like Febreeze too, but I second using Nature's Miracle for your pet who forgets she's inside. If you can't find it at the grocery store, you can get it at pet stores. It really works.</p>

<p>Febreeze - adding it to dorm room shopping list! i like the linen scent but don't care for the others.</p>

<p>I am not a huge fan of Febreeze. I haven't loved their scents and I always start sneezing when I have used it with my kid's sports gear, in the past. I tend to go toward the greener room sprays from Method and Trader Joes, for example.</p>

<p>I haven't looked into what kind of chemicals are in those Febreeze sprays, but I do wonder at the long term effects of using these types of sprays on couches, beds, sports gear, dorm rooms will pose to our kids when they are older.</p>

<p>Unlike a traditional room spray with a press or two on the nozzle, these products are intended for much more liberal use which will come into contact with humans. Might not be advisable for people with compromised respiratory systems or those with allergies. </p>

<p>Just wondering. Anyone with any kind of chemistry background who could elaborate?</p>