Does France have community colleges as we know it?

<p>I simply would like to know if the French school system have any options for people have no education to start with? Do they have community colleges as we know it? For someone that wants an AA degree, do they have any options?</p>

<p>Education</a> in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<p>What do you mean by "no education to start with" ?</p>

<p>I am from France, and the system there is vastly different. This is what is so extraordinary in the US: you can really change courses and pick up an education at any stage in your life. In France, NOT so -- once you are done with your course in life -- and that may mean having a professional/trade certificate only -- you are pretty much 'done' and will not go back to school (the system is not geared towards that) -- I guess you are asking so that you may go to France in the hope of using some education as a way of getting a visa, perhaps ?? It is so very different.</p>

<p>No, while I dont need a visa to go nor stay in France. I was just wondering if it was possible to go there with just a high school diploma and get an education from "scratch", such as an AA then a BA or what they might call it over there.</p>