Doing minors in another college ... !

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>I'm majoring in psychology. I'm wishing to minor in economics or politics. However, my college does not offer them as minors, but they are offered as majors.</p>

<p>Is there any way I would still be able to minor in these field at other colleges? Has anyone heard of these thing before? Thanks!</p>

<p>Some colleges won't allow you to be enrolled at another college like that unless there are cross-registration agreements. Can you create a minor? Some schools allow you to plan out and get approval for a minor by working with an advisor and choosing relevant courses to take. Or, you could just take economic and political courses that interest you as electives and not bother with the minor - minors don't mean much on a transcript usually. If you're looking at graduate school, just make sure you have the pre-requisites and it won't matter whether it says "minor in..." on your transcripts. Why would you want to pay extra for a few more classes when you can fit them in as electives?</p>