dont be a player hater, read this and respond.

<p>Hi CCers,</p>

<p>I got into ND Early this past fall. It was the best day of my life. </p>

<p>Unfourtunateley, tradgedy strikes us all, and recently one of my dear family members has become very ill. I go to a boarding school an hour away from my house and i live there. this family member dosesnt have alot of time left on this earth given her condition and her age. </p>

<p>She has been as big a part of my life as my parents ever since i was born, and i am going to withdraw from my school so i can be at home to spend more time with her in her last few months. </p>

<p>if you withdraw from your boarding school march of your senior year, 2 months shy of graduation, can Notre Dame rescind me? they cant can they? for a good reason like that?</p>

<p>please, people who can talk authoritativeley on this subject, or know other people in the same situation , PLEASE enlighten me. </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Are you going to transfer to a local public school and graduate? If so, as long as you keep your grades reasonable, I don't see an issue. They may want a letter from your boarding school assuring them the transfer was due to a family emergency.</p>

<p>i plan on transfering back to a public school, yes.</p>

<p>even though it would be tough to graduate due to different credit requirements (regents). </p>

<p>your local public school is required to take you right?</p>

<p>Make it clear to ND. Obviously, they're not going to accept you if you haven't graduated, and you might be forced to take some summer classes to finish up. But with a personal statement from you, and a corroborating letter from your current school, I would say you should be fine. Admissions people are people too, they'll understand.</p>

<p>kevdude, if you read the whole post, person has been accepted. They are concerned about being rescinded.</p>

<p>tough situation :/ good luck and god bless</p>

<p>The only people who can speak with authority on this subject are in the admissions office at Notre Dame. Contact them immediately and explain your situation.</p>

<p>That was my point - they won't accept your excuse if you haven't graduated.</p>

<p>If you can get in touch with the admissions rep from your area, they may be familiar with your file and EA. It may be easier to speak to that person, rather than just anyone in the admissions office. As mentioned, I would be in touch as soon as possible and explain the tragedy. Good Luck!</p>

<p>I hope this all works out, but i have no precedent to go by. does anyone know someone who this happened to?</p>

<p>It is completely your call, I wish you the best, but I would try to finish and just fly home when you need. I started graduate school last year and right before I did my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer and she passed away before I finished my first semester. It was hard, but I just went home when I needed and people were very understanding and let me make up the work when I returned.</p>

<p>People understand tragedy, so it may be worth talking with your school before you leave it, they may be willing to work with you. Again, I wish you the best of luck. I didn't have the option you have, I must admit, because my Mom told me that she would kill me if I left school, but I know the temptation. In her words though, it may be tragic but it is a bigger tragedy if it ruins more lives than it has to. I don't know if that helps or not but I hope it does.</p>

<p>anyone know someone who this happened to? I just dont want four years of hard work to go for naught>(is that how you spell it?)</p>

<p>^^^I really sympathize with your situation, but it has been stated time and time again that you should just call ND admissions. No one here knows! Good luck, and stay well!</p>

<p>lol, ok. </p>

<p>thanks all.</p>