Doritos Commercials

<p>I just learned that the 2 Doritos commercials that were shown during the Superbowl were made by everyday folks who entered a contest. Each winner was awarded a million dollars! Pretty cool...</p>

<p>I loved the one with the dog burying the cat and thought the one with the grandma catapulting the baby to grab the Doritos was pretty funny too. Glad some regular folks made some money off of it.</p>

<p>I just found out tonight that my sister in law knows the winner of the "slingshot" one and is now a million richer!</p>

<p>I just found out that the other one (dog buries cat) cost the guy $20 to make it! Not a bad investment...</p>

<p>My son made a commercial with some friends and entered the contest. I thought theirs was pretty funny, but it didn't win. :(</p>

<p>My son entered too! He didn't expect to win, but had fun making it. And we had fun watching the entries.</p>

<p>That's really cool! Not gonna lie, the dog burying cat one was hilarious but a little morbid. I loved the baby and grandma one!</p>

<p>
[quote]
I just learned that the 2 Doritos commercials that were shown during the Superbowl were made by everyday folks who entered a contest

[/quote]
</p>

<p>They do that every year, since 2007 I think.</p>

<p>Remeber the first winner ... where the guy drives down a street ...</p>

<p>Live</a> the Flavor - YouTube</p>

<p>The Dannon yogurt one was a contest too.
Student</a> at Portland's Lewis & Clark College makes Super Bowl ad | OregonLive.com</p>

<p>An actor friend of ours knows the boys who won with the 'dog' commercial. And, yes, it only cost $20 to make. :)</p>

<p>The slingshot baby commercial was GREAT! One of my favorites from the night.</p>

<p>My friend Sean created the sling shot baby one! :)</p>

<p>Loved both of the commercials and think it is so cool that ordinary folks made them!</p>

<p>The slingshot baby was my favorite one!</p>