dorm rooms for freshmen! :)

<p>which are the best dorm rooms for freshmen at stanford????</p>

<p>If you are looking for sheer size, the dorm rooms at Frosoco are probably the biggest. All of the rooms are double rooms that are big enough to be two singles, so many have a wall that divides the room into 2 separate sides. They are housed in Adams and Shiff at Sterling Quad in Govenor's Corner. Govenor's Corner is the southwest corner of campus. Many people think that Frosoco is way out there, but it really is only about 1 block farther from the center of campus/the Quad than most of the other dorms. This means it is also closer to the science and engineering buildings that are on the west side of the Quad than the other dorms. And unlike the other dorms, you can apply directly for the dorms that make up Frosoco (Adams and Schiff) rather than only being able to request a 4-class dorm or a freshman-only dorm.</p>

<p>when do we start applying for housing?</p>

<p>late may with the Approaching Stanford booklet</p>

<p>How "hard" (statistically speaking that is, since it's by lottery) is it to get room in FoSoCo?</p>

<p>Queue the "what are my chances" threads for FroSoCo...</p>

<p>A room in Frosoco is not by lottery; it's by application on the housing forms.</p>

<p>Are there any dorms we shouldn't apply for? Which ones are the less aesthetically pleasing? </p>

<p>WHICH ONES DON'T HAVE COMMUNAL BATHROOMS? I am iffy about communal bathrooms. o_O".</p>

<p>
[quote]
Queue the "what are my chances" threads for FroSoCo...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>LOL!</p>

<p>I doubt Stanford will have private bathrooms for us lowly freshman... all we have to do is make friends with a lot of upperclassmen and take advantage of their luxurious private baths :D</p>

<p>kimberkool: As far as I know, you can't apply for any dorms specifically, except for FroSoCo and whichever dorm the SLE kids go in if you apply for SLE. There may be dorms that you would like less than others, but unless it's the FroSoCo dorm, I don't think you have any control over it.</p>

<p>I know that you apply to FroSoCo by application, but whether or not you get it is still by lottery, right?</p>

<p>No, you get in by John Bravman liking your application. Like you actually write stuff, and it's read, and he picks the best. </p>

<p>Branner rooms are hot because you have two rooms and therefore the possibility of being in a room by yourself at any given moment. It helps when one of your roommates has moved out, of course (that happened to me. I have been living in a two room double in Branner since October 20th. So hot). </p>

<p>I don't think it's worth living in FroSoCo for the housing. Plus, I think you lose out on the valuable experience of living with someone and actually having to interact more than just walking through their room to get to your room. You'll have to deal later, and it's definitely a better time to learn when you're a freshman.</p>

<p>Efilsiertaeht, you contradict yourself. First you say that "it helps when one of your roomates has moved out" so you can have a two room double to yourself which is "so hot". Then you say living in Frosoco would not be good coz "you lose out on the valuable experience of living with someone and actually having to interact". So is having a roommate hot or not?</p>