Dr. Death for Congress

<p>
[quote]
Assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian, known as "Doctor Death" for helping more than 100 people end their lives, said on Monday he will run for the U.S. Congress.</p>

<p>The 79-year-old pathologist announced his bid to run as an independent less than a year after being released from prison where he served eight years for second-degree murder.</p>

<p>"I have no ties, no fetters. I am free," Kevorkian told reporters, adding that he planned to run against the "tyranny" of the U.S. Supreme Court which he said has robbed Americans of their rights.

[/quote]

Dr</a>. Death Kevorkian plans to run for Congress | Politics | Reuters</p>

<p>Can dead people vote in Michigan? If so, he will win by a landslide.</p>

<p>Not even Michigan would vote that nut job into office, Razorsharp.----At least I hope...not...:rolleyes:</p>

<p>I heard he absolutely kills some demographics.</p>

<p>I can't take credit for this quip, but I heard a commentator say "Finally, a politician with an exit strategy". I thought it was clever. :)</p>

<p>It's really a shame that the first public advocate of assisted suicide in America - something I think that people have every right to as an essential part of their ability to meet death on their own terms - had to be this guy.</p>

<p>A woman has a constitutional right to have a doctor kill a fetus inside of her body (within the first trimester). But a woman does not have a constitutional right to have a doctor kill her. Is that inconsistent?</p>

<p>No, the people of MI will NOT vote Dr. Death into office! We have far too many problems for the living in our state ... we need someone who is worried about how we'll stay alive, not how we'll die.</p>

<p>razorsharp, that depends on whether or not you consider a fetus alive. I don't think it's inconsistent, I do however think that the latter is unjust.</p>

<p>I agree that this guy is not the one who should be the spokesperson for assisted suicide. But that the citizens of Michigan wouldn't vote for him may or may not be true. The city of Detroit have elected much worse than him.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Not even Michigan would vote that nut job into office

[/quote]

Maybe he should try running for office in New York.</p>

<p>ucsd<em>ucla</em>dad - that's SO SAD but SO TRUE! Over the last week, I just kept thinking I'm sure the new Gov. is a nice enough guy, but seriously, is there no one else who can run the state? Goodness...</p>

<p>He'd be better than any Detroit mayor in the last 30 years. I don't see any reasons for Michigan not to put him in.</p>

<p>Please, oh please ... don't judge MI by what goes on in Detroit!!!!! It really is far from representative of our fair state. We cringe when we watch what is happening in Detroit. I will say, however, that this last mess has Detroiters singing a different tune about their mayor. He's no longer the toast of the town.</p>

<p>
[quote]
razorsharp, that depends on whether or not you consider a fetus alive. I don't think it's inconsistent, I do however think that the latter is unjust.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Somebody just needs to decide whether the fetus is alive or not. It should NOT be a case-by-case decision as to whether the fetus is alive or not.</p>

<p>Kelsmom: Weren't you paying attention? The Mayor of Detroit can't wait for all the facts to come out and he will be completely exonerated. :)</p>

<p>That man's ego is bigger than he is.</p>

<p>3bm103, he was put in office by GOD, don't you know?! His ego is bigger than he is!</p>