Driver's license

<p>Is it possible to get a driver's license in some state without needing to prove residency in that state?</p>

<p>hmm im not sure. i know that in my state, if you are in the military and stationed here but actually live somewhere else you can get a license for this state. you could maybe go to your states dol website and see what you need to bring as proof. i think i just had to bring my birth certificate and nothing about residency.</p>

<p>I'm in your state andreaaaaaa(six a's, right?) and I'm trying to get license six months earlier than usually :)</p>

<p>when you are 15 and a half?</p>

<p>I'm almost 16 (in a month) and didn't realize I have to drive with instruction permit for 6 months before getting a license.</p>

<p>so do you want to get your license in wa or another state?</p>

<p>Well, I just thought about finding a state where you don't need to spent six months after getting instruction permit.
I would go there and get a license through writing/riding test.
Then I would come back and get wa's license through much easier process :)</p>

<p>If there's a way to get WA license earlier than in six months, I would be much happier but unfortunately there's hardly a chance of doing that.</p>

<p>PS. Another way is through creating a time machine, going six months back in time and telling myself to get an instruction permit :)</p>

<p>haha yeah. also in washington you have to have taken drivers ed if you are getting your license before you turn 18. have you done that?</p>

<p>Nope. I found out about 6 months and drivers ed three days ago :)`</p>

<p>oh thats unfortunate. yeah i dont think there is anything you could do to get a wa license earlier, no one i know has been able to. i had to wait forever to get mine because i failed the vision portion and then i went to the optomotrist and had 20/35 vision, so i should have been ok to drive without a corrective lenses restriction, but they still said no. is it really worth it to go to another state to get a license? i am pretty sure that oregon and idaho also require drivers ed if you are under 18. how far away would you be willing to go?</p>

<p>I'm getting my license next tuesday ( may 15th) yay!!!! and I'll be 18 by then...awesome....freedom...carr...yessssss</p>

<p>Maybe it's possible to:
1) Get instr. permit in wa.
2) Take driver's ed in wa.
3) Get an instruction permit in other state.
4) Make wa driver's ed work in other state.
5) Get a license in other state.
6) Come back here and get wa license :)</p>

<p>I just want to get driver license before october to do the running start without online classes and buses :)</p>

<p>It's funny that you guys are trying so hard to get around what is by all accounts a very easy process. Here in Ontario, you must:</p>

<li>Get your learner's permit (G1) (must be 16).</li>
<li>Wait 1 year, or 8 months if you take a driver's ed course.</li>
<li>Get your G2 (the road test to get it is as hard/harder than most US states' full license tests).</li>
<li><p>Wait one year at least, then you take a significantly harder road test to get your G.</p></li>
<li><p>All steps from G1 to G must be completed within 5 years, or you have to start over.</p></li>

<p>Luckily, most US states recognize a G2 as a full license, so when I got o college I'm just going to get the license exchanged, and if I ever come back to Canada I can get that license exchanged for a G, thus bypassing the whole latter part of the *****y Ontario process.</p>

<p>yeah. so did you already get your permit?</p>

<p>I'm going to test it in a week, got several ap exams going :&lt;/p>

<p>yeah. if you have the drivers guide read the part about drinking, there is always some questions about that on the test. i think i also had this weird question about when to stop for a school bus in a three laned road. also know about right of way.</p>