Dropping a class after getting in ED

<p>If you get into a college (GW hopefully) and drop a class for the second semester with a good reason, will it be a big deal? What kind of a thing would be bad to show up on a mid-year report?</p>

<p>You have to notify the admissions office if you want to drop a class, and if you have a good reason, they probably won't mind. A few Bs on mid-year report won't hurt you, but Cs or Ds very well could.</p>

<p>Does GW make you send one? They don't really make it clear.</p>

<p>I don't know specifically about GW, but generally all schools expect you to send mid-year report and your final transcript, and your admission is contingent on your continuing academic performance.</p>

<p>Here's something else: what if a student applies as a regular decision candidate and puts his application in early, at the same time as the EA/ED pool? Is there any law which says that he can't?</p>

<p>You can send your applications out as early as you want and still be RD. You need to specify that you are applying ED/EA and for some schools sign an agreement saying that you understand the terms of those programs. My experience has been kids who send their apps in early even RD do a lot better. I have kids who have sent their stuff in by mid September and some are getting rolling answers already.</p>