Dropping a course after TAU but replacing it with another class?

<p>The class I want to drop is not a GE requirement nor a prerequisite, and the class I want to add is UC-transferrable and the same number of units as the class I want to drop. However, the W deadline did pass so there will be a W on my transcript if I drop the course I'm trying to replace. And, the TAU deadline already passed. Will dropping a course now, but replacing it with another affect my admission decision?</p>

<p>I'm in the same position I'm also trying to drop one of my classes. The class I want to get rid off is trigonometry and I don't really need the class because I passed my Statistics over fall semester.</p>

<p>I dont think its going to look bad unless the class you are taking is required to full fill your IGETC or major.</p>

<p>Make sure you call each campus you applied and notify them.</p>

<p>That what I end up doing today (:</p>

<p>By the way why is your deadline so early? For my CC is after the Feb 12.</p>

<p>What did each of the UC's that you called say?</p>

<p>And, our W deadline is so early because of...dun dun dun BUDGET CUTS! lol</p>

<p>Each campus handles it differently, for example Berkeley wants you to write a latter and have you sent to admission. However, UCLA they simply gave me an email address and stated that I need to email them explaining my reason of dropping my class.</p>

<p>For UCSD,</p>

<p>I had the same type of question and called them earlier today. Its ok to get a W in a class this Spring Semester as long as it isn't a class fulfilling a requirement (IGETC requirements, TAG requirement classes,or Impacted major classes). However, any and all changes have to be notified via the myapplication login at UCSD's website.Its basically just a simple text box to describe what classes you added or dropped, and from what i remember, you dont really have to explain why.</p>


<p>Absolutely correct for UCSD</p>

<p>I had to do the same earlier 2day. I think there is about 2 links I had to go through to get to the box writing. You will find the link on top of the myapplication. ucsd after you log in.</p>

<p>I'm in the same position, I need to drop my chemistry 1A class with a W, can I change it on the TAU since it's still open till around March?
Berkeley really needs a whole letter about dropping the class?</p>

<p>For Berkeley:</p>

<p>Q: I added (or dropped or changed) my coursework after submitting my application. Do I need to let you know?
A: You must let us know, in writing, about any changes to your courses or grades by mail or fax. Please send your signed letter to:</p>

<p>Course/Grade Change Request
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of California
103 Sproul Hall #5800
Berkeley, California 94720-5800
Fax: 510-642-7333</p>

<p>Please note that providing misinformation could result in a cancellation of your admission to Berkeley.</p>

<p>Do you guys know if dropping the in progress class (after the TAU-winter quarter) with a W will effect TAG at all? The class I dropped that was in progress was suppose to fulfill a science portion of IGETC, but I plan on taking another science course in the spring quarter to fulfill it. The TAG is for UCSD.</p>

<p>I'm in exactly the same boat except I am an engineering major and I want to drop differential equations. I don't know if this will greatly affect my admissions or not? I'm worried about UCSD and UCI. For those with experience please help me out with advice!!!</p>


Who should I address the letter to? Can the letter be a short paragraph or does there really need to be a long explanation?</p>

<p>Im almost in the same boat but what if I am not going to get a w, just changing my spring quarter classes am allowed to do that?</p>