I had a side effect with Januvia - an itchy rash that slowly developed over time, and I mean months. It took my dermatologist to figure it out. But no issues with Jardiance, unless you count minor weight loss (actually, I’m now on Synjardy which is Jardiance and Metformin together).
My husband and I were watching a streaming show when an Apretude ad came on. Friendly walks??? Wasn’t it flirty walks? Did they change it? Are we misremembering?
They did change it from flirty to friendly. I guess we were paying more attention than we thought during the hundreds of times that ad played.
My issue was dizziness and I kept telling the doc ONE of the drugs was an issue or they were interacting or something, and she kept saying no, they are all fine. So I stopped Jardiance because it cost too much (and then they dropped the price but I was happier not on it). Last week I said I’m done with the statin too. Pretty soon I’ll just be on a vitamin and an apple a day.
What is the advantage to taking Synjardy versus taking Jardiance and metformin?
One pill twice a day instead of two pills twice a day. Also the Synjardy is 12.5/1000 so a slightly higher dosage than the 10mg Jardiance.
So it’s simply annoying marketing. I love when they go through the 1,000 side effects to please the lawyer’s. Who would take anything after listening to all of those
… but the ads do speak to those that are in need of those meds. It’s a numbers game. Millions of people are watching those same shows. If they get X% to talk to their doctor’s/or increase of sales, it’s a win. They must have analytics to make it worth it for them to do it. I also don’t want to pay extra for ad free. Everything is too expensive as it is right now. We were in vacation internationally recently for like 3.5 week’s. Barely put on the TV. Maybe a few times at night for the news. This makes me question why I have so many services and why am I keeping them. Might have to do an internal analysis myself.
Timely Axios article today:
https://www.axios.com/2026/04/20/drug-ads-face-new-scrutiny-at-fda-and-on-hill
Yep. Research shows both patients and physicians respond to marketing in typical consumer ways/frameworks.
I do watch broadcast tv, including digital over-the-air. I’ll take a drug ad over the endless, annoying Medicare Advantage commercials. TBH, I just tune out commercials. Once in a while, something will intrigue me, and I’ll zone back in.
I don’t have a problem with companies trying to sell their products, but I was not aware that certain conditions are so prevalent (or must be, to justify the advertising expense). Who knew that so many people have psoriatic eczema that not only do the manufacturers need to advertise endlessly … but the government chose that drug class as important for negotiating lower prices.
I do have issues with the messaging on weight loss drugs, which has recently begun to shift away from a focus on using the drugs for medical reasons to using them for cosmetic reasons. Instead of ignoring those commercials, I yell at the tv for perpetuating the skinnier-the-better myth.
Can you summarize - it’s locked for me (without signup to Axios Vitals)
We’ll pay any amount for ad-free streaming. I will not watch commercials, so I have no idea what y’all are talking about.
When I was very young, there was a commercial for “irregularity” showing two old people sitting on a bench near a bus stop. I had no idea what irregularity was and thought it had something to do with missing the bus, like there was a pill to help you “regularly” show up on time.
A slight correction. Not to please the lawyers but to comply with the government regulations. There is a difference. ![]()
Lawyers are never pleased.
Oh if only there was! That would be the best!
I’m (almost) willing to take the ones that will make me better at pickleball or yoga or just walking through the flower gardens singing a song. I think I have to get those special pills at the pot shop.
I want the pill that gets me good friends to do things with. Although I likely would have to buy a straw hat and new scarf to be seen with them.
Psychedelics are on the way - not sure if it helps with these things.
Forget drugs. I want a time machine. And a hover board.
I want a holodeck! We are getting closer.
But even better - I want one of those machines that I saw in a movie, where you lie down and it scans and fixes everything that is wrong with you. Yes, please.
Errr.. Aren’t the regulators lawyer’s as well. ![]()
….. OK, we can move on but I like the other drug suggestions that people want. Lol.
Maybe not, but you pretty much don’t care if you take enough gummies.