<p>I'm somewhat of an idiot when it comes to college, so please humor me. (:</p>

<p>What does EA/ED/SCEA stand for, and how do you 'apply' or get one?</p>


<p>EA = early action
ED = early decision
SCEA = single choice early action</p>

<p>EA is just an earlier app due date/acceptance
ED is like EA but binding - if you're accepted, you have to attend
SCEA is EA, but you can only apply EA/ED to that school</p>

<p>Not all schools have any of these options (and Harvard just did away with theirs).</p>

<p>thanks, that clarified a lot of things. (: </p>

<p>also, 'common apps' does that mean there is a general form for applications out there that a lot of colleges use that will help the students save time and money because they can just pretty much copy and paste. </p>

<p>woah, run-on sentence. i apologize. :p</p>

<p><a href="http://www.commonapp.org%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.commonapp.org&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>It should be noted that many colleges require a supplement if you use the Common Application.</p>