Eap admission tips

<p>I don't know if this is the right place for my questions, so I apologize if it's not.
I am applying for studying one year at UC and UCSB is my first choice. My area of studies is Economics, Business and so on.
I have 2 big questions:
1 Do you know any UCSB professor which I could contact and that could be helpful? It would be good to have a contact for my application.
2 A family friend is Engineering professor at UCSC, so different place and different studies. The point is, how should I use this in my application? Should I get a presentation letter or just name him in my personal statement?</p>

<p>Thank You in advance</p>

<p>That type of thing is really for private schools. UCs don't really care who you know unfortunately and don't even accept letters of recommendation. You could put him in your essay but I don't know if that would even help..</p>

<ol>
<li><p>You can try calling the Economics department if you have any questions, but getting a hold of a professor for casual talk might be a bit harder. You should try to wait til you get to UCSB to get to know the professors and interact with them. </p></li>
<li><p>What you mention in this question is known as a legacy, or some close family member (father, mother) who attended the school in the past. It is usually important in private schools, such as Yale, Harvard, etc. While UC's do appreciate it, it doesn't help whatsoever in admission to the college.</p></li>
</ol>