Can you believe it’s August?! Summer is almost over, school is almost back in session, and application season has started! With Fall comes one of the first big events on CC - Early Decision application deadlines.
Traditionally, CC users created threads to discuss specific school applications and decisions. This has often resulted in an inconsistent experience for the community:
- Some colleges had duplicate threads created for the same discussion
- Some colleges never have threads created
- Threads could be hard to find (categories and titles varied)
We’ve worked on improving the experience this year to address the decision thread challenges. Each thread about ED/EA and RD should be easy to find on CC, easy to find via search, and easy to participate in as a user. As a result:
Starting this year, the CC admins (including yours truly) will create the Early Decision, Early Action, and Regular Decision discussion threads for each college.
It is no small task to create and maintain these decision threads, so for those who have created these threads in the past, a huge thank you for all your hard work and diligence. We’ll take it from here.
As we approach application deadlines for ED, EA, and RD, we’ll pre-create threads for each school that has a date coming up. All threads will have a similar title like this:
<app type> +
for Fall 2022 Admissions
- University of Tampa Early Action for Fall 2022 Admissions
- Lehigh University Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admissions
Each thread will be tagged with
official and the school name (e.g
lehigh-university) so that it will be easy to find in the forum. All decision threads will be housed in a category called Early Decision/Early Action.
- We’ll include all schools. Even schools without categories on CC deserve a decision thread.
- Threads will be easier to find here on CC and on Google.
- We can link the different decision threads (ED/EA, RD) to the authoritative college page and ensure there are no duplicate threads
Great! We’re actively looking for feedback on this initiative. Respond below if you have suggestions for these threads or what to include. We’ll be posting the first round of ED threads the week of August 9-13, so I’m sure you’ll have plenty to say after you see the first one.