Easier to get in - Chem E, MSE, Undecided?

<p>So I plan to major in the joint major "Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Science and Engineering" at the College of chemistry.
This major's closed, so should I just apply undecided (to the College of engineering)? Or would it be easier to get into Chem E or Materials Science and then apply for a transfer after the first semester?
I've heard Chem Engg is pretty hard, but is Engg Undecided harder.</p>

<p>It's easiest to get into ChemE I would say, so I would recommend that. The College of Engineering is generally harder to get into than the College of Chemistry, and undeclared engineering might be the hardest major to get into at Berkeley.</p>

<p>Getting into College of Chemistry while not getting into College of Engineering is for very few people who are on the borderline. If you got the grades and the test scores, this is not be an issue.</p>

<p>Ah, wait, autocorrect got me. I meant to say "Chemical and MATERIALS" not mechanical. Wouldn't it be easier to get into the single major "Materials Science and Engineering" and then petition for a transfer to the joint major in the College of Chemistry?</p>

<p>Also, fwiw: SAT 1 - 2380
SAT 2 chem - 770
Gonna do SAT 2 math
GPA - 4.0</p>

<p>Yeah, your scores are definitely way above other applicants so I don't think you have to worry about getting into one major while not getting into another. I'm saying this because transferring from one college to another can be a tedious process (writing an essay why you want to get in, turn in 5~6 documents to the administrative office, etc.) especially if you are going into College of Engineering.</p>

<p>Ahh, thanks :)
But how DO you get into the joint major in the college of chemistry then? There isn't an 'undecided' option for freshmen like there is in the COE.</p>

<p>And no matter what my test scores, Berkeley's my dream, I don't want to take any chances. It's taking fewer and fewer internationals every year.</p>