ED Deferral

<p>If I apply ED, and get deferred to regular decision, will the adcoms evaluating my application see that I was rejected once and be biased or will they just see it as a regular RD application?</p>

<p>Actually, you would not have been rejected once. They would consider you with the RD pool, and without prejudice. They will note, however, that you are very interested in the college based on your ED application.</p>

<p>Anyhow, I hope this puts you at ease. Good luck on your ED application. :)</p>

<p>It can be a good thing. You can do well your first semester senior year in grades, get more recs, and throw in some extra EC's/accomplishments. Best of Luck.</p>

<p>How would I go about adding extra ECs/accomplishments once my application is already in?</p>

<p>Just ask the recommender to send a letter or fill out a donloaded rec form from the Common Application site.</p>

<p>Or just send seperate stuff directly to the school, and maybe call the school, or even write an essay about how sincerely you want to go there. Don't act like an idiot or pull off any crazy ploys to get in. They gave you a second shot for a reason, and they obviously want to give you a chance to prove yourself if you are deferred. So, do whatever you think can help you, whether it be a newspaper article about a play you were in recently, or a new painting you made last month, show your personality and individuality through your app. Make it hard for them to reject you. And btw, you can send stuff out seperately, so as long as your teacher filled the rec out and sealed it in an envelope, you are free to send it out. </p>

<p>Hopefully you(and I) won't have to deal with this, but I am preparing.</p>