ED withdrawal in November?

<p>I have a big problem. I have a legacy at Dartmouth, and I am STRONGLY consitering ED (I have the app all ready to go, actually, I just have to send the stuff). HOWEVER, I have talked to Dartmouth, Brown, and serveral other schools about playing football. I've already sent tape, and I haven't heard a word from either one. They have also told me, however, that they usually don't start making calls until after November 1st.</p>

<p>What I'm afraid of is sending the early decision application, and getting a call in the middle of November from, say Brown, asking for a visit. However, if I've sent that ED form, I'm in a bind.</p>

<p>I'm well aware that ED's are binding, but my question is that is it acceptable to withdraw your ED application in the middle of November, before any decision is made, without any HUGE commotion?</p>

<p>The answer is yes.</p>

<p>Carolyn is right. But I do suggest that your read the <a href="http://www.johntreed.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.johntreed.com&lt;/a> section on ivy football recruiting. You will see that you will not necessarily be set by November, or even by Christmas. It is entirely possible to still be sitting on the fence by the time the EDs come in. Hopefully, if this happens you are going to be happy with your Dartmouth acceptance because there could be a HUGE commotion if you try to back out then.</p>

<p>I have a friend who's being recruited by Dartmouth, and he's talked to the coach multiple times on the phone already (and I don't think he has the academics to get in there anyway). So I'm not sure how honest they are being.</p>

<p>Regardless, the John Treed site is incredible. Check it out.</p>