Electives

<p>What courses count as electives at UGA?</p>

<p>An elective is a loose term. I think it's mostly used as anything that's an option. If a specific class is required for your major, it's a "requirement." If you have a choice between classes, they're "electives."</p>

<p>If you're trying to decide what classes to take, I can try to help if you tell me know your major and what credits you're coming in with.</p>

<p>Well, I'm going to UGA, and my major is Animal Science. The elective they suggested to me was Horticulture, because it's easy and the advisor said he would suggest an easy class because of the difficulty of my other classes. I would much rather take a class like Theater or Women's Studies though, because I know I'd like those classes more than a class about plants. lol.</p>

<p>Well, whatever you do, just make sure the classes you take count for something. Don't take a class that won't fulfill any requirements. A theater class would count toward and fulfill your humanities requirement and women studies would count toward your social science requirement, so either of these classes would be fine. The horticulture class would count towards your general electives, but if you don't want to take it, take something you do want to take. I would rather take something I want to take over something that's easy, because if you're not interested in the subject, you're less likely to want to study for it, which will probably make the class harder. <em>shrugs</em> Just my opinion.</p>

<p>UGA</a> Online Bulletin : General Information
^^ You can use that website to find what classes you can take and what requirements you need to fulfill.</p>

<p>Thanks that helps!</p>